This week’s lineup of specialty shows on Pure Pop Radio is set to wow listeners with the premiere of the first single from Dana Countryman’s upcoming super secret album on the great Australian label, Teensville Records, the kickoff of our Eight Days a Week marathon, celebrating the imminent release of the Weeklings’ new album, Studio 2, and a whole lot more. Plus: Dig our hourly Weeklings Two-Fers, now playing through November 18. Now, looking ahead…
Next week: A Pure Pop Radio First Airing:
A very special edition of Ken Michaels’ Beatles extravaganza Every Little Thing with the Weeklings! Details forthcoming.
Okay. Let’s get to the info you need to know! Here’s the quick hit list of this week’s shows:
- Jammin’ James Riley’s Catching a Wave (Tonight, 9 pm ET)
- Scott McPherson’s The Weird and the Wonderful (Wednesday, November 9, 1 pm ET)
- Glen “Lefty Weekling” Burtnik’s in-studio appearance on the old, weekly Pure Pop Radio show (Wednesday, November 9, 9 pm ET)
- Lefty and Zeek Weekling on a rebroadcast of Pure Pop Radio: In Conversation
(Thursday, November 10, 8 pm ET)
- Dana Countryman on an all-new Pure Pop Radio: In Conversation (Thursday, November 10, 9:15 pm ET)
And here’s the inside scoop on each of this week’s shows:
- We’re celebrating the imminent release of the Weeklings’ fab new album, Studio 2, recorded in Abbey Road’s same-named Beatles sanctuary, with our Eight Days a Weekling marathon. Beginning today, hear hourly Weeklings Double Shots through Friday, November 18; Glen “Lefty” Burtnik’s 1997 in-studio live performance on the weekly Pure Pop Radio Show (Wednesday, November 9, 9 pm ET), and a rebroadcast of Lefty and Zeek’s appearance on Pure Pop Radio: In Conversation (Thursday, November 10, 8 pm ET).
Your handy-dandy cutoutable Eight Days a Weekling schedule can be found here. Also here: Find out about this week’s contest to win not only a Studio 2 CD but also the album on cassette with three Beatle cover bonus tracks unavailable anywhere else. (Look for the contest this Thursday, November 10).
- Pure Pop Radio favorite Dana Countryman’s next album, due out in January, is preceded by a wonderful single that releases this Friday, November 11. Dana joins Alan Haber on In Conversation to talk about the song and the album in an exclusive chat you won’t want to miss! You’ll hear the song, exclusive to our humble station through November 15 (it’s destined to be one of your favorite tracks of the year) and Dana’s voice-and-piano demo! (Thursday, November 10, 9:15 pm ET)
- This week’s all-new edition of Jammin’ James Riley’s Catching a Wave features part one of a two-part interview with none other than Dean Torrence of Jan and Dean and tracks from the Atlantics, Dick Dale, the Beach Boys and so much more. (Monday, November 7, 9 pm ET)
- Pop 4 and Tiny Volcano’s Scott McPherson checks in with the sixth all-new episode of The Weird and the Wonderful lunchtime show (Wednesday, November 10, 1 pm ET). This time around, it’s a tribute to the great band Prefab Sprout, featuring tracks from the band and artists covering and tipping their musical hats. It’s an hour of pure delight!
Pure Pop Radio has your specialty show needs covered this and every week!